Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Mentor News


Definitions of mentor on the Web:

to serve as a teacher or trusted counselor; "The famous professor mentored him during his years in graduate school"
a wise and trusted guide and advisor
wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

In Greek mythology, Mentor was the son of Alcumus and, in his old age, a friend of Odysseus. When Odysseus left for the Trojan War, he placed Mentor in charge of his son, Telemachus and his palace.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mentor

We have a new mentor for Lego Robotics at IS 93. I will tell you we went to Brebuef High School together. I will tell you he has an amazingly interesting job.

Peter Antreasian is his name. He will tell you about himself. I am very grateful to have him bring his experience and wisdom to our Lego Robotics team.

What is going to make our Club/Mentor slightly different than a traditional mentor relationship is that Peter Antreasian will mentor us from afar! We will use internet technology to communicate. Blogging, email, maybe Skype.com, digital photography and who-knows-what-else will be used.

WELCOME!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow you do have an amazing job. I'm glab you are coming to our class.

Wilson

Anonymous said...

we in lego talent apretiate u offering to help us. i dont no how to thank you ! thanks bunch

from cheily

Anonymous said...

I think that you have a very cool job. It is also very cool how you send things to space.

Anonymous said...

I think that you have a very cool job. It is also very cool how you send things to space.

Unknown said...

thank you a lot for deciding to be our mentor. we all really appreciate it. im new at this but already i know that you will be a helpful addition to the team

Anonymous said...

hey u have a cool job howd did u get that job
isnt space cool since there is still so much to explore u must have spent alot of years in college with mrwirght to have to get this job u r cool can u come to our school for a visit

Anonymous said...

Thank you for being our mentor


Irini, Paige

Anonymous said...

thank you i relly appretiat you trying to help us and guide us to the championsip of lego robotics. once again thankyou very much

thank you again by justin

Anonymous said...

Wow! How cool is that!! I am so excited that you are going to be our mentor. Your job really is interesting. I think that lego robotics is really similar. I really want to thank you for your appreciation! I am really good at robotics, but I want to get even better.

From Daniel

Anonymous said...

Dr.Antreasian you have a very intresting job and I'm happy you are our mentor. Esspeacialy since you have this amazing job. I think you can help us a lot. I'm very happy that I am in robotics class and I am a good programer but I am nowhere close to what you have done. But I am a problem solver just like you and I know you know that when you solve one problem another one pops, which is very frustrating. Good luck. From Robert

Anonymous said...

Wow,your job is really awsome.I am really excited that you are going to be our mentor.I know that you are really going to help our team.



thanks again,
Marius